Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Doing something

I've decided I need to be productive and do something. I've really wanted to do something entertaining that maybe someone else would find entertaining or amusing in some aspect or another. I've kind've been in a creative rut for a while now. I've been talking with some friends and casually been hinting at doing a podcast of some sort or other. I've been a huge fan of podcasts in the last 4 years or so and look forward to downloading my favorites every week. My favorites have been Diggnation and Totally Rad Show. What can I say, Alex Albrecht does it for me. I think it would be fun to have a job entertaining others by your own insights and inflections. Now both of those are video podcasts so I'm tempted to do something like that but bandwidth and editing could be an issue. My favorite audio casts have changed over the years. I used to listen heavily to PC Gamer podcast, and the Hotspot. Lately though my must have's have been Geekbox and Comic Conspiracy sprinkled with a dash of Smodcast, Adam Corolla show, and Catholic Answers live. I find my self being disappointed when my Geekbox and Comic Conspiracy casts are done. I wonder if this is a niche market. Am I only going to be entertaining me? I want to be able to advertise my friends while at the same time just have fun discussing stuff that entertains me. I liked the concept of Diggnation a lot but now that's finished and I don't want to just copy what they did with like Reddit or something similar. I want to do something where all my friends can have an equal say or comment on. I've been thinking of doing stuff in segments. Like having a comic segment, a movie segment, tv segment, internet segment. But I think I need to stay more general like the Geekbox. I'll just have to give it some more thought and reflection. Can my fun be someone else's fun?



No comments:

Post a Comment